Wednesday 9 July 2008

John Mayer: Where the light is

Today I am not going to write about who John Mayer is dating, too much has been said about that...instead, I am here to give the man a million thumbs up for his new live DVD "Where the light is". I mean, the guy is giving a big lesson to everybody in artistic integrity. He could have easily given in (like most artists do these days) and ask Madonna to duet with him, in a shiny Timbaland-coated hit, instead he has embraced the blues and tradition and has been producing quality material for eight years now...just check out the trailer and you'll know what I mean. And if he's good enough for Eric Clapton...he's good enough for me!
In this concert release you'll find an acoustic set, a smartly dressed John Mayer Trio set with Steve Jordan and Pino Palladino, and a full-blown set featuring the entire band.

0 comments: